Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pure Ice Crimson and Maybelline Sapphire Masquerade (aka My Unintenionally Patriotic Mani)

Hi all!

I'm here with today's manicure of course!

This one is kinda funny, it basically started out as "how can I add an accent nail to a simple red polish" and once done became a gorgeous patriotic look, which I love, even if it wasn't intended haha.

Pure Ice Crimson & Maybelline Sapphire Masquerade
For this manicure I started with Pure Ice Crimson, a beautiful simple red satin/shimmer finish color that leans a bit more pink.  The pigmentation is great for this one too though it can stain if left on longer than a day (my nails had minimal staining after about 24 hours, but it was there).

Now, if you've been following my blog, you know simple manicures aren't what I do often, though I do love them.  So I went to my stash and searched for something I could use for an accent and came up with a lovely option in Maybelline Color Show Sapphire Masquerade from their Sequins collection.  This polish is a brilliant sapphire blue glitter with little sprinkles of crimson red hexes in it.

Together, the combination of these two polishes is so pretty...and clearly a lovely way to portray the US's favorite colors.  In fact, it went really well with the Avengers shirt I wore today haha!

What do you guys think?  Think the combo is too patriotic to just be a manicure or am I safe with bright jewel tones anytime?

Leave me comments and Follow and Like me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Tumblr!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment