Saturday, March 30, 2013

A good man returns...

Hello all!

I have a really exciting manicure today!  Or at least exciting to an uber geek like me haha.

I'm hoping at least a few Whovians check out my blog on occasion, if not I'm certainly willing to convert those open to becoming one!

But today is a big day for those of us who have already been consumed by Doctor Who and have been waiting longer than Amy Pond for that TARDIS to appear in our gardens.

But for today, in the hopes that I'd need to be prepared for the arrival of my Time Lord, I painted my nails for the occasion.

Galaxy Nails & a TARDIS
For tonight I decided it was the best time to make my first attempt at galaxy nails!

I'm not entirely sure they came out how I wanted, but I do like them (if that makes any sense).

For the nebulas in the galaxy nails I used a lot of polishes, and bits of torn up make up sponge and two small and smaller dotting tools.

I started with a base of two coats of Finger Paints Black Expressionism.


The polishes I used for the nebulas, in the order I sponged them on, are:
  • OPI I Saw...U Saw...We Saw Warsaw
  • OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
  • Julep Marion
  • Zoya Meryl
  • Sinful Colors Unicorn
 After I sponged in my nebulas I used some acrylic paint and my dotting tools for the larger stars and then painted on a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust for some fun twinkling star effects.

Now, for the TARDIS, I started with two coats of OPI Eurso Euro and added my fun phone box details with acrylic paint and a fine nail art brush.

Then I sealed it all with top coat and now I'm ready for my mad man in a box!

So Doctor, here I am!  Allons-Y!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

2 comments:

  1. This is cute! I love, love, love Doctor who! I actually have a TARDIS dress :P I'm excited for tonight. I just hope Moffat didn't jack it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE DOCTOR WHO! I did some DW galaxy nails, if you want to check them out! :) I liked tonight's episode and I can't wait for the next one!

    http://www.ifeelpolished.com/2013/02/february-challenge-galaxy-nails.html

    ReplyDelete