Saturday, March 16, 2013

China Glaze Under the Boardwalk & Julep Madison Stripes

More neon is here!

Sadly Spring Break is almost over (and I'm out of neons after tomorrow's manicure talk about good planning) so this is the next to last neon manicure for me to share for now.

But, don't be too sad because my last two are still a lot of fun!

Tonight's for example was my first attempt with actual nail striping tape!

China Glaze Under the Boardwalk & Julep Madison
For this manicure I started with Julep Madison, over my usual My Boyfriend Scales Walls undies (those darn sheer neons).  Madison is a bright electric pink neon, pretty much exactly the color you think of when you hear the words neon pink.

Then, after cutting and carefully placing my striping tape (the longest process in the whole manicure) I painted on a coat of China Glaze Under the Boardwalk, a neon magenta color.  Then I peeled off the tape, and voila!  Neon pinstripes!!

Though it's neon, this manicure kind of reminds me of dressing tents from old summertime beach movies...you know the ones with all the clean-cut 50s kids playing volleyball and barbequing, singing motown and whatnot...yea those!

What do you guys think?  You looking forward to seeing tomorrow's final neon manicure?!

Leave me comments below and Follow and Like me on all my social media!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment