Sunday, March 24, 2013

Megan Miller Collection Foxy and Hard Candy Sugar Rush French Tips

I have a fun take on the classic french manicure to share today!

I'm not normally one to wear french manicures, I'm not sure why...when I try to do them myself they just never seem to be what I want them to, at least most of the time they don't.  So normally I reserve french manicures for my rare trips to the nail salon, but every now and then I manage to do one on my own that actually looks nice, and today's manicure just happens to be one of those!

Megan Miller Collection Foxy & Hard Candy Sugar Rush
For this manicure I started with a base of Megan Miller Collection in Foxy, a somewhat jelly-like creme in a warm fox grey (go figure haha).  It seemed a bit streaky at first, but evened out after my usual three coats.

Then, once that was completely dry, I placed my french tip guides (yea, i'm a cheater, I'm not patient enough to freehand french tips) where I wanted them and applied two quick coats of Hard Candy Sugar Rush from their brand new Candy Sprinkles collection, a white base polish with black, white, and silver tiny glitters in it.

I was rather fond of this manicure once it was done, I didn't have my usual aversion to the french look and the two polishes together looked nice.

What do you guys think?  I'm thinking of doing a swatch-fest of the colors I picked up from Hard Candy's new collections (most of them being the Candy Sprinkles), would you like to see that?

Leave me comments and Like and Follow me!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment