Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day Nails: Nail Bliss Appliques

I have my Valentine's Day manicure done and ready to show you guys!

I'm super happy about this one, though I put WAY more work in it than was actually necessary :/.  Oh well!

A few Sally's 50% off clearance sales ago, I was able to get my hands on some of their Nail Bliss nail appliques, wanting to try them.

I have tried similar products, like the Sally Hansen Real Nail strips, which I like but just lack the patience to put on properly enough to keep them longer than a day (totally my fault I know).

But I thought I'd try these just because they were so cute and had 3D elements to them, plus they were on mega sale.

I've been trying to figure out a good time to use some of the ones I picked up and finally figured out I could use one of the patterns for V-Day!

Nail Bliss Bling floral appliques
 This particular set of appliques have some really cute pink and purple flowers and some shining dew drop looking jewels on them.

Now, these appliques, compared to nail polish strips, are much easier for me.  They're basically a sticker, a vinyl like sticker with super sticky adhesive.  However the instructions for these are basically the same, find the right size, stick on, smooth out, file off the excess.  And then I added some top coat the the free edge of my nails to keep them from peeling back.

I was afraid getting them wet would make them peel, but i've washed my hands a few times already and they're still stuck fast. 

I should mention that the instruction imply putting them on bare nails, which probably would be fine, but I thought they'd stick a bit better the polish than natural nail, just because nails have oils in them.  Plus, I thought they were more sheer than they ended up being.  That's where to way more effort than needed came in, because I painted on four coats of Sally Hansen Nail Prisms in Diamond before sticking on the appliques, which you can't even see. :(

But either way, I think the appliques look really cute, and I'm really impressed with their staying power.  I'll certainly be picking more of these up from Sally's!

Have you guys tried other nail appliques and stickers?  What did you think!

Leave the comment below, and don't forget to follow me on Twitter, Like me on Facebook, follow me on Tumblr, and Follow me on Instagram!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment