Saturday, February 2, 2013

Geometry with Chanel Mimosa and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls

Have a new manicure for you all today!

I recently acquired a bottle of Chanel Mimosa and instantly fell in love! 

I was desperately searching for a way to wear it that was a bit more than simple yellow nails (which with Mimosa wouldn't have been a bad thing anyway).

Then I came up with a two-toned geometric pattern idea and just had to try it!

Here are the results:


Now, my lighting isn't the greatest (one day I will have a proper lighting set up, just need the time, space and money haha).  But, you can still kind of see the subtle shimmer in Mimosa that just gives it a touch more depth than your typical buttery, sunshine yellow creme.  The formula is kind of on the sheer side, so I had to use 4 coats for this manicure, but it's think enough that it doesn't feel heavy on the nail.

For the geometric pattern, I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  Using some scotch tape, stuck on my hand a few times to take away a bit of the adhesive, i figured out where I wanted my stripe and painted a coat of polish, removed the tape and moved on to the next nail.  Then using some dotting tools in graduated sizes, I did my dot pattern, inverting it for the accent nail on the ring finger.

Then to finish off, I used my new Julep Freedom Top Coat, which I'm now completely in love with!  One coat, about 30 seconds under a table lamp and I had a fully cured, gel-like top coat!  I do have to say, when using the top coat, make sure ALL polish is dry.  My coats of Mimosa were but my OPI polish wasn't completely when I put it on and I had a bit of shrinking and stretching of the white polish on some nails, nothing bad though.

I'm loving this manicure right now!  It's cute and simple and thanks to my new top coat, super shiny!

What do you guys think?  What are some of your simple nail art ideas?  Do you have a polish you fell in love with at first sight?

Let me know below!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment