Friday, February 15, 2013

A Hint of Rose Gold: Julep Joan & Julep Jane

I'm still plodding through my untrieds (for the rest of my life I'm sure haha). 

But it's not a bad job, it's painting my nails!  I mean come on!

Anyways, I have another manicure (and a chance to use two polishes at once) to share!!

Julep Joan, Julep Jane, Cheeky Stamp CH 37
For this manicure I used Julep Joan for my main color.  Julep describes it as a "raspberry plum with rose gold shimmer".  I'd say that's a really accurate description, wouldn't you?  The formula on this one can get a bit streaky but by coat through looks just fine, and its even nicer because the shimmer doesn't sink into the color, so it flashes nicely in the right light.  I do have to warn though, that this polish stained my nails quite a bit, so be prepared for some nail whitening after you remove it.

To bring out the rose gold in Joan, I decided to add an accent of Julep Jane, a rose gold glitter named for the founder of Julep.  This polish is a like the other glitters I have from Julep, it can get a little thick and gloppy, but the payoff after three coats is SO worth it!

I also wanted to add a little extra something and decided to pull out my stamping plates.  I found this fan design on Cheeky's CH37 plate and added it to my accent nail with some Finger Paints Black Expressionism, my favorite black polish. :)

So what do you guys think?

My obsession with rose gold is showing isn't it? HAHA

Be sure to leave a comment below and follow me here and all my other social media (in the About Me section).

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment