Sunday, April 14, 2013

Swatched: American Apparel Sheer Collection

I have more swatches for you guys!

Like I promised, I'd be trying to swatch more, so I have!

I decided I'd swatch a collection that I don't see much online, but that I love having.

American Apparel has some really lovely nail polishes, but from the moment I saw the Sheer collection I knew I wanted them all.

Around last Christmas...or was it Thanksgiving...whatever haha, American Apparel had a great sale and I was able to get the whole Sheer collection for a great deal!

Now, I want to share them with you all.

American Apparel Sheer Summerland Beach
First up is Summerland Beach, a pretty peachy pink sheer jelly-creme polish.  This is three coats with no top coat.  The polish has a gorgeous shine and ends up at the halfway point between opaque and transparent after this many coats.  It goes on fairly evenly if you have an even hand with application, it can get spotty if the coats are too thin though.

American Apparel Sheer Manhattan Beach
Next is Manhattan Beach, a bright, basically neon coral-hot pink sheer jelly.  This is three coats with no top coat.  This one is also very shiny when dry (expected with a jelly) and unfortunately the picture does it no justice, it's much more on the pink side than it shows up here.  This one goes on evenly and smoothly and has great color pay-off.

American Apparel Sheer Zuma Beach
Then we have Zuma Beach, a lime green sheer jelly polish.  This is three coats with no top coat.  This one is another that doesn't look quite right in the picture.  It's not nearly such a sickly looking green in person.  I don't know if I'd wear this one by itself, but I think it'll be gorgeous over the right undies.  Application for this one got a bit spotty, but I think I was using too thin of coats.

American Apparel Sheer Pacific Beach
The next polish is Pacific Beach, a brilliant Caribbean aqua jelly.  This is three coats with no top coat.  This color is beautiful, very bright and pigmented.  This polish went on smoothly and evenly and the pay-off was amazing.

American Apparel Sheer Redondo Beach
Then there is Redondo Beach, a sky blue sheer jelly-creme.  This is three coats with no top coat.  This is probably the most opaque polish in the collection and it went on smoothly and evenly and looked brilliant.

American Apparel Sheer Moonlight Beach
And lastly there is Moonlight Beach, a sheer indigo jelly polish.  This is three coats with no top coat.  This polish is a bit more on the opaque side and has amazing color pay-off!  Just a gorgeous lapis blue shade.

All of these polishes are breathtaking!

I imagine they'll make wonderful glitter sandwiches and just look great on their own, if you don't mind sheer of course.

What do you guys think?

Leave me comments and Like and Follow me!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment