Friday, April 5, 2013

Blue for Autism Awareness

Hello all!

I have a really special manicure today, one that you've probably seen on a lot of nail blogs over the last few days.

As some of you may know, and some may not, April is Autism Awareness month.

Autism of course touches many people's lives with family members or friends and it is a condition that needs to be addressed so that children and their families can learn to cope with Autism.

My nephew was recently diagnosed as being on the Autism spectrum and he is a spectacular little boy with a lot of passions for art and movies and most recent Minecraft (coolest kid ever, right?!)  There are a lot of things my family is still learning about how to make life that much easier for him since he needs that little bit of extra attention to make sure he's comfortable and of course safe in his environment, but he's such a bright, talented little boy.

With Autism so close to me, I certainly had to make sure I participated with some blue nails for Autism of my own!

American Apparel Redondo Beach & China Glaze Water You Waiting For
For my blue manicure I knew I wanted to use one of my American Apparel Sheer shades, and decided to go with Redondo Beach.  This polish is a sheer aqua blue jelly-creme that is just beautiful.

Of course, I can't do much of anything without glitter, so I had to add some doubled up accent nails in China Glaze Water You Waiting For, a royal blue glitter with greenish turquoise bits sprinkled in.

Together these two polishes made a really fun blue manicure, and one I was proud to sport for Autism Awareness.

What do you guys think?  Are you wearing blue nails for Autism Awareness this month?

Leave me comments and Like and Favorite me!

This weekend, I'm going to catch up on some swatching I've been wanting to do. 

If you're interested in seeing more of the American Apparel Sheers in swatches, let me know, I have the whole collection.

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment