Tuesday, October 9, 2012

We Can't Stop Here! This Is Bat Country!!

Hello again everyone!

I'm back with another Halloween nail job for you!!

In continuing with the creepy critters, I couldn't very well leave out these flying fuzzy little fiends...BATS!!

Now, if you've ever seen a bat (and I'm talking the little ones that live in like random building or under bridges or whatever that eat bugs and things) then you'll know that they're actually kind of cute...as long as you don't touch them and risk getting rabies.

I like bats myself...at a safe distance.  In fact, my college football stadium is a bat friendly stadium and you can watch them swarm out at sundown if you happen to be there, its really cool.

But anyway, other than all of that, bats are clearly associated with Halloween fairly regularly, mostly because of their association with vampire lore (which we all know my adoration of anything vampire).  So of course I had to put them in a manicure!

Here's a picture, taken in full sunlight:


Now, for this manicure I did the background in Color Club's Worth the Risque from their Femme Fatale collection in Spring 2009.  I was a bit sad to see that they awesome linear holographic effect didn't come out in these pictures, and I'm not sure if that was because of the angle, the lighting, or because I had things painted over it, but either way, the polish has a gorgeous rainbow linear holographic effect normally.  For the bats, the medium and big ones I painted with acrylic paint and the smaller (and much cleaner looking) bats, and the moon are from a set of Halloween nail stickers from Kiss that I found at Walgreens.  For the eyes of the two larger, bat close ups I used some gems from a Dial-A-Gem set I got at Sally's

Here's a close up of the two bats with the gemstone eyes:

 
I'm pretty proud of my painting skills (which knowing that they're not great is saying something haha).  And if anyone is wondering, I'm holding a stuffed Joker doll in these pictures...get it...Joker, bats?  I'm a geek.

Well, that's it I think...oh except for this bad pun.  I knew I'd end up batty sonar or later...

Yeah, I'm not funny.  Feel free to agree in a comment, as well as ask any questions or make requests.

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment