Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Grave Digger

It's me again!

Coming to you with more Halloween nail fun!  Going with another simple look, but no less fun and of course creepy!

I don't know if I'm the only one out there who is fascinated with cemeteries, but I am.  I've been a history buff for a long time, and what better way to immerse yourself in history than by exploring cemeteries?!  Older tombstones are gorgeous and just exploring in the peace and quiet has always been nice.

Oh...I'm the only one then....well alright hahaha.

Well then...who here is fascinated by fun easy nail art techniques?!  Seems like more of you...so I'll go with that angle.

First, of course let me show you my tombstone nails!


I love how these came out!  For the nail colors themselves I used two coats of China Glaze Elephant Walk, from the On Safari collection, for the base color and then Zoya Kelly for the stoney, marble effect, finishing with acrylic paint for my R.I.P.s. 

To get the marble look I used the plastic wrap technique, like the one in this video that I managed to stumble across on YouTube:


I know some people use the plastic wrap technique where they paint their second color over their nail and blot with the plastic wrap for the marble look, but the method in the video worked better for the look I wanted, either one makes a gorgeous marble finish!

Here's a close up so you can see the marble detail a bit better:


Grey polishes are some of my favorites for some reason, I just love how they look on my nails, so this one is another favorite of mine.

I hope you all liked it too and will go on to try this look or the plastic wrap method yourselves!

Feel free to leave question, comments, and requests if you'd like!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment