Friday, October 26, 2012

Oh the Tangled Web We Weave...

Hello everyone!

Sorry for such a late night post, but today was crazy!  My poor little dog Kyler got in a fight with a thorn bush and snagged his ear a little bit.  Me being the paranoid mom, freaked out cause he was bleeding so much.  Rushed him to the vet, got him fixed and then got him home to have him open the cut up again...and again...and again...ultimately equaling five trips to the vet today.  Everything seems alright now, but I have a depressed, bandaged dog, and a hurting bank account. 

Very sad little dog mummy...


So that's my reason for being so behind on getting this post up (I know excuses excuses lol).  But I think it will be worth the wait.

So I know I've been posting a lot of nail art for this Halloween manicure marathon, and I guess this one technically falls into the category of nail art too, but I wanted to be sure I included a little something for those who prefer a little more subdued looks.  So today is my take on a Halloween "french" manicure of sorts.

For this one I used three coats China Glaze Riveting from the Capitol Colors Collection for the orange nails and spider web.  For the black accent nail and spider webs, I used Ulta Little Black Dress.  To create the spider webs I used a small nail art brush and the contrasting polish to the background color.

Here's a close up:

I really like the effect of the two colors.  Since Riveting is a jelly base, most of what showed up over the black was simply the glitter, which can look a bit sloppy, but I still like the look over all.

What do you guys think?

Don't forget to leave comments, questions, and requests!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment