Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chh Chh Chh Chh Ahh Ahh Ahh Ahh

I'm back!

I'm so excited about today's manicure it's not even funny!!  You ever have those days where you manage to paint your nails so well that you never want to take the polish off?

Yeah, that's where I am today.

Now, I know not everyone is a horror movie aficionado (myself included...I hate them), but most everyone knows iconic horror villains and slashers from some reference somewhere.  So that is how I justify today's nail look (though I have actually seen one of these movies...through my fingers...with my eyes shut most of the time).

And don't hate me if my title is in reference to the wrong movie...I'm sure it is, but again, I don't watch them, so meh.

Now I suppose I should get to the actual photos.

For this manicure I used three coats of Julep Kate as a base color.  To create the masks I first used some torn up bits of makeup sponge and brown acrylic paint.  The process is kind of tedious, since the sponge pieces are so small.  But I used the technique to first sponge in the shadow around the nose and where the eyes would go.  Then I lightly sponged the entire nail to give it that dirty look.  For the eyes I used acrylic paint and a small dotting tool and the smaller dots were done with a toothpick.  Then from there I just needed to add the red hash marks with a thin paint brush and a top coat, and there you have it!

Here's the close up for you:


Cool right?!  Sorry, I get way too excited when I'm proud of my nails...

Hope you all enjoyed this manicure, feel free to comment, question, request and I haven't mentioned it before, but if you end up doing your own Halloween manicures, I'd love to see them!  Feel free to send them my way!!

See you all again soon!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment