Saturday, October 13, 2012

Caught Red Handed...

Hi everyone!

I'm back with another manicure for Halloween and its another one that I'm totally loving!!  As a long fan of crime dramas like CSI (Las Vegas 1st Gen, while Grissom was still there), Law & Order: SVU, and Criminal Minds to name my favorites, as well as documentary type shows like The Investigators and Forensic Files, I'm no stranger to dramatized crime scenes.  You've seen one room full of blood spatter and finger print powder, you've seen them all right?

Doesn't make them any less cool though.

I know I'm a freak, but stuff like that fascinates me (not that I think its cool that people murder and stuff).  

Anyway, back on subject.  I happened to see versions of this manicure popping up everywhere from Pinterest to YouTube and I just knew I'd have to try it myself. At first I thought I'd wait for True Blood to start back up again but that's not until next summer!!!  (I know...THE HORROR!!)  But then I realize Halloween was the perfect time to test this one out for myself.

So, without further ado, my own blood splatter manicure!

This technique is messy but a lot of fun!  For those of you how know the straw splatter method, you'll pick it up quickly.  For the rest of you, I have a video from one of my fave YouTube Beauty Gurus, WinterRose84, to help you out! 



Here's a close up of some of my nails and they have two very different splatter patterns:

I'm loving the creepiness of my nails right now, and taking pictures gave me a reason to pull out my handy dandy Tru-Blood bottle!

I hope you all like it too and will give the nail splatter technique a try.

If you do, send me some pics, otherwise feel free to comment, request, and question as usual!

Also, stay tuned for this weekends nail polish haul posting tonight also!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment