Monday, January 14, 2013

The Twisted Grapevine - CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Review

Hi all!

I'm bringing out another untried (from the marathon of untrieds that is still in it's beginning stages haha).  It's a new polish, from CoverGirl's Outlast line.  Now I'm sure some if not all of you have seen or used some form of CoverGirl Outlast product, their mascara or foundation or anything else of the sort.  But the Outlast Stay Brilliant polishes are their newest addition to the collection.

The CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant polishes come in a fairly large selection of colors for being such a newly released collection.  Most of the shades are fairly basic (though not unattractive), coming in creme shades ranging from pale pink to true black.  A few additions have been some more complex shades in shimmers and frosts.  All of the colors are gorgeous, but me being me, I'm drawn to the unique shades of course!

So when I was coming to the decision of what polishes to wear next, I thought I'd take the opportunity to try one of the new CoverGirl polishes and give a bit of a review!

The polish I have today is Grapevine, and it's one of three I've gotten from their line.

CoverGirl Grapevine is a very saturated red-toned purple shimmer/frost (it's showing more violet in the picture of course...purples being so hard to photograph).  The polish goes on smoothly, and is opaque in 2-3 coats depending on your technique.  The pigmentation and color payoff are fantastic and the dry time is good too.  Clean up around my nail beds was easy, leaving little to no staining on my skin.  In all honesty the only fault I can find with the polish is how small the bottle is.  It's a .37 fl oz bottle (a little over half of most polish bottles) and it is about $4-$5 at most drugstores, Walmarts, etc.  The price may seem a little steep for a little less product than most other brands, but the colors are definitely worth it in my opinion!

And in case your wondering, no Grapevine doesn't come with the flakie look, I wanted to add a little something extra and added a coat of Finger Paints Twisted.

So what do you guys think?  Are you going to or have you tried the CoverGirl polishes?

Oh, also, I was noticing my nails are feeling a bit thin, and I was thinking of doing a treatment of Orly Nailtrition.  It's a two week process, which means no new polish for two weeks, but I was thinking if you all wanted to see a before and after of how my nails look after a treatment, I'd be happy to do that! 

Just let me know below!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment