Thursday, January 3, 2013

All That Glitters is Fun!

Hello again!

Yup, I've changed my nails again!! Haha.

As is my custom, I'm here to show you my current manicure!

I wanted to play around with some of the holiday colors I got, since so many of them translate beyond the holidays after all.

I got my hands on a lot of gorgeous shades this year and I'm exited to get to wear them all.

But, for now I'll just show you this one!


The main color I used for this manicure is OPI Gift Cards For Everyone! from the Ulta Holiday Exclusives this year.  Its a bright jewel toned royal purple with a flash of blue flakes in it (that you can sort of see in the picture, yay for getting it to show up!).

For the accent nail, I used China Glaze Glitter All The Way from their Holiday Joy collection.  This polish is the definition of glitter bomb!  It contains gold, red, green, and purple tiny hex glitter that just dances with sparkle.  It's opaque in three coats and is relatively smooth for a glitter like this.

Here's a pic to show just haw many colors and how much sparkle this polish has (yes I know it's blurry, I think it shows the shine better):


Though both of these colors are "holiday" colors I think they work well pretty much any time.  For the glitter, I think pairing it with a purple polish made the purple glitter in the polish pop, making it look less Christmas-y.

What are some of you favorite "holiday" colors to wear all year round?

Leave your comments, questions, requests, and suggestions below!!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think to pair these two up! I really like Glitter All The Way. I wish I had gotten a full size bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! They might still have some at Sally on clearance if you look...maybe haha

      Delete