Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sally Hansen Lustre Shine - Firefly ((Pic Heavy))

It's me again!

Of course, by now you must know what this means!  Yup...another manicure!

Today I decided I wanted to try out one of my Sally Hansen Lustre Shines (on I haven't worn yet).

When this collection came out, I ended up buying three of the, I think, five colors that were released, Lava (which I love), Firefly, and Copperhead.

As I mentioned, I've worn Lava before and I just love that one.  It's a pink-orange-gold multi-chrome.  Unfortunately the formula can get kind of goopy, so I may have to add a bit of thinner to that bottle.  But for my nails today I wanted to use one of the other two colors I have, and I chose Firefly.





For once I was able to somewhat capture the beauty of a polish in pictures!  Firefly is a copperr-gold-green mutli-chrome and it's just lovely!  I managed to capture a bit of the shift in each picture, though it should go without saying that this color looks even better in person.  In certain light at one angle, you get a bright new copper color, then you move a bit and it tinges gold, and then another angle gives you this bright flash of green.  I love it mostly because it's a polish that I can see being able to wear in a professional setting, something you can have that isn't boring but doesn't look inappropriate. 

The formula for this color was great, really easy to work with.  It's a bit sheer at first, but builds well, though you still get a little VNL in some light and angles.  Surprisingly, for a chrome, this polish also isn't very streaky which is a HUGE plus!  In all honesty, I've been staring at my nails all day, just moving them to different angles to get all the colors.

So what do you guys think?  Do you have any of the Lustre Shine polishes, or any other duo/multi-chromes?

Leave your comments, questions, requests, and suggestions below, I love reading them!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I wish I could get away with gold tones. I feel like my skin tone is better suited for silvers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid I wasn't going to like it but it looks good on the nail!

      Delete