Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Nail Whitening!

Hi everyone!

I have a little bit different of a post for you today.

Since I'm starting my round of Orly Nailtrition this week, I thought this would also be the perfect opportunity to get a bit of the staining off of my nails.

I've heard a few tips before but the one I've heard the most is the whitening toothpaste method, so I thought I'd try it!

Here's a pic of my naked nails before the toothpaste:

I know...it's pretty gross, but with the fact that I'm always wearing nail polish, its kind of inevitable, plus it gets covered up a lot so I don't pay much attention to the stains.  But on the occasion that my nails are polish-less for any period of time, it's a distracting mess!

So I wanted to try one of the more common ways to whiten my nails.

I had some Arm & Hammer Extra Whitening toothpaste (though I've been told any whitening toothpaste should work) that had some baking soda and peroxide in it, so I thought it would give good results.  I took a little dab for each nail, rubbing it in a bit. Then I let the toothpaste sit on my nails for about 30 minutes (just because of how bad the staining was).  Then I used a nail brush to scrub the toothpaste on my nails and rinsed.

Here are the results!

There's still a little staining, I'll probably have to do a few more treatments once i'm through my Nailtrition rounds, but you can tell that there's a BIG difference!

What do you guys think?  Have you ever done the toothpaste method, or found something that works even better?

Let me know below!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!!

~ Cat

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried to whiten my nails. I have some bubbly soak to use, but always forget about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you try the bubbly soak, let me know how it works! I wear polish so much that I don't think about staining until I have to stare at it for a long period of time.

      Delete