Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Om Nom Nom on this Jelly Sandwich I Made!

Hi everyone!!

I promised you all an on trend jelly sandwich yesterday and now its time to deliver! 

Since the first time I ever saw someone do a jelly sandwich....well since the first time I ever say a jelly polish I've been IN LOVE!!

I'd say some of my faves in my stash are my jellies (and it helps that one of the ones from Zoya and I share a name).

So, I'm constantly on the look out for making my jellies even more spectacular with combos and glitter!

A few weeks ago, I visited my local nail supply and came across a GORGEOUS jelly from Orly that I'm sure has been around for a while, simply because I couldn't even find a swatch image online. 

I wanted to use it, but it's a really dark color which makes it hard to see just how pretty it is.  But then I figured it out...JELLY SANDWICH!!

I came up with a combination with an Orly Flash Glam FX glitter I have and voila!

Pretty right?!  I used Orly Naughty, a gorgeous burgundy/oxblood jelly for this and for the glitter I used Orly Watch It Glitter, a copper/rose gold multi-size hex glitter.  I think this combo has a great depth, and jewel-like look to it and is completely on trend for fall with the oxblood and rose gold tones (though that rose gold doesn't come through as much under the jelly).  But I like how this looks because you can see the red tones in Naughty much better than if I had just done a simple manicure of just that color which would look nearly black. 

In the sun, there's something about this manicure that reminds me of rubies, the red glow that reflects from the glitter.

Here's a close up that shows the detail a bit better.

What do you guys think of this manicure? 

Feel free to leave comments, questions, requests, & suggestions as usual!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment