Friday, November 9, 2012

Birds of a Feather

Hello again everyone!

I'm here with another first for you all and I'm pretty excited.  This is my first attempt at a feather manicure!

I first saw this manicure online somewhere and knew right away I wanted to try it at some point, and I finally got the chance.

Though I can think of a few things to change for next time, I'm really proud of the results and I'm excited to share it with you all!

For this manicure I used three coats of Color Club Alias as my main color.  It's kind of hard to tell on the nails, but you can kind of see in the bottle that its a great duo-chrome from violet to an emerald green.  Then for my ring finger (though it's hard to tell I used anything different) I used three coats of Color Club Alter Ego.  For my feathers this time, I used some feather earrings I bought on clearance at Sally's simply because the patterns were pretty.

Here's a close up:


Now for my own future reference, when I try this again, I'll have to remember to make sure the polish under the feather is a contrasting color, just to make the color of the feather pop.  Also, I think I'll look for more colorful and smaller feathers to work with next time.

For tutorials on this manicure you can find things all over Google and YouTube that'll teach you how to complete a feather manicure, but as with anything it's trial and error to find what you like.

I hope you enjoyed my first try and will go out and try yourself!

As always, feel free to leave comments, questions, requests, and suggestions for me!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment