Tuesday, November 6, 2012

NOTD: The Midas Touch

Hello again!

I'm back with a manicure for you all and I'm SO excited about this one!!  Not because its particularly special....its just really pretty. :-D

I wanted to have a little fun with some new purchases of mine and I got inspired for this particular NOTD.

Wandering around my local grocery/drugstore I came across a new display from Essence cosmetics for their Breaking Dawn Part 2 collection (and being a Twilight fan...ok addict...) I had to get the polishes.  Sadly two of the colors were already gone and my area is lame on getting things in a timely manner.  But I did get the other two colors and they're great!

And then, there's the OPI Skyfall Collection, which has been released for the Holiday season.  Now, for me personally a lot of the colors seemed a bit blah (especially the reds) and some that looked like dupes, but there were a few that stood out and I had to make sure and get.

With these new polishes in tow, I realized I had created the perfect storm of sorts and metaphorical lightening struck, resulting in what you're about to see...


Polish detail
Both of these polishes look amazing in the bottle and on the nail!  The Essence polish, A Piece of Forever (and no the Twilight names don't get less cheesy, at least it's made up for with good polish) in almost true metallic fashion, can look a bit streaky so it takes a steady hand and a really good top coat (mine being Revlon ColorStay Gel Shine Top Coat) to forgive its sins.  It's mostly opaque in two coats, and for being so frosty in finish, it's a lot more reflective than I expected and it dries really quickly.

The OPI Goldeneye (not to be confused with the 18K gold top coat Man With the Golden Gun also from OPI's Skyfall collection) is a gorgeous warm gold glittery foil.  It did really well for the sponge technique for the gradient since its made up of almost little scales of glitter, very easy to fade out.  With most like this, in swatching I found it took at least three coats for best opacity, but it is a gorgeous color that glows and has great shine!

Overall both of these colors came together to make a really pretty gradient effect that I just can't stop staring at!  Very fun for fall.

I hope you all enjoy it too!

I'll be back soon with more of course, but until then, send in your comments, questions, requests, and suggestions!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment