Friday, November 23, 2012

Breaking Dawn Part 2...better late than never!

Hi all!

So sorry I've been MIA for a few days, I've been out of town and without access to a personal computer since Thursday and the week leading to that was really busy!

But anyways, I'm here now and I can report to you my Breaking Dawn extravaganza!! 

For the premiere I made it a point to make the trip back to my college town (or as I prefer to call it...home) to go with my best friend, since I've been to all the other premieres with her...it's kind of a tradition now I suppose.

Normally, as part of our movie premiere traditions, we make our own t-shirts and this time was no different!  We decided to try a different technique for this premiere (normally we paint them) but we didn't have that much time, so I managed to find the t-shirt bleaching method online (you can find it through Google if you'd like to try it, it's a lot of fun!)

Anyways, I thought first I'd show you our shirts!

Here's what she decided to make:

Cool right?!

Now for mine:



















(That's the front on the left, back on the right.)

So yea, that's what we made for the premiere, and somehow I managed to have good luck and stumbled across tickets for a 10 PM showing while like everyone else in town waited til midnight.  (Don't ask me how that works, but I can say I'll be looking for that option again haha we got out at like 1 AM rather than like 3!)

Anyway, I know why you're all here, you want to see my nails for said premiere, right?!

Well here we go!

For the look I used three coats of OPI Skull & Glossbones for the base on all my fingers but the ring finger.  Then I used Finger Paints Black Expressionism and a nail brush to do the checkerboard detail.  For my accent nail I have two coats of Black Expressionism for the base and used acrylic paint for the chess pieces.

Here's the close up!
So what do you guys think?!  Leave a comment!

Also, did you see the movie?!  What did you think of that!  Without being spoiler-y I can say I almost had a heart attack! 

Thanks for putting up with my lateness everyone!  Don't forget to leave comments, questions, suggestions, and requests!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

P.S.  If you comment about the movie, make a note and leave room to skip if you have spoilers.  As a person who isn't fond of them I know others may not want to know what happens.  Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment