Friday, August 2, 2013

(Late) Pink Wednesday: China Glaze Sunset Glow

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the late post, but I got really busy Wednesday and Thursday, and didn't get a lot of time at home to sit and type up a post...or repaint my nails for that matter haha.

But tonight I have that post for you!

I always love Pink Wednesday, but this week was particularly exciting because I was able to use a new polish I received in a swap that is from China Glaze's pre-2000 (pre-Big 3 free) collections. 

China Glaze Sunset Glow
This is Sunset Glow, a pretty rosy pink based polish with a nice, warm golden shimmer in it from the Tropical Escape Collection of 2000.

As I mentioned, this color is from the time before Big 3 (4,5) Free so it does contain a little bit of formaldehyde as many older nail polishes do.  It has been discontinued and is considered HTF as far as I know.

So, despite its old formula, I do have to say this polish is great to work with.  You could probably get away with one coat but I went ahead and did three just because I got a bit sloppy on the first coat (it was late).

The finish was not as shiny as newer formulas but looks just fine with top coat.  The color is gorgeous and the tint that the golden shimmer gives is a lot of fun for Summer!

I'm so happy I was able to get my hands on this, big thanks to my wonderful swap friends who always help me get my hands on my lemmings!

What do you guys think of this one?  Do you have any older, discontinued polishes that you just love having in your collection?

Leave me comments and questions below!  Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

1 comment:

  1. I have a bunch of older polishes. I actually have this :P But I have never worn it. It's very pretty and unique!

    ReplyDelete