Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Product Review: China Glaze Real Nail Polish Appliques in Loop Hole

I actually have a product review for you guys!

I know it's been forever since I've done any form of real review, but that means it's about time right?

Anyways, let's get going.

For this review I'm going to show you some China Glaze Real Nail Polish Appliques.

China Glaze Real Nail Polish Appliques in Loop Hole
These appliques are in the pattern Loop Hole, a mod 60s vibe look that are a lot of fun to look at.

Now, this product is kind of bittersweet for me.  The pattern is really cute and that's obviously a plus.  Along with that, application wasn't too bad.  These kind of applied more like a sticker (for example Kiss decals or Jamberry) even though they're described as real nail polish.  That was nice, I have trouble with the Sally Hansen nail polish stickers being too thin or fragile when I apply them, so these being a bit more substantial was a big benefit.

So on the pro side we have cute look and decent application.  But there are a few cons.

First of all, the sizes that these appliques come in aren't in nearly a wide enough range and, though you can't really tell in the picture, I had to go with best fit on all my nails and pretty much all of them had shape/size issues, either too wide or too narrow or too round.  Now, as you can tell in a quick glance you can't notice the problems, but if you're OCD about your manicures like I am, you'd be wanting more size/shape options too.

Then the other con, removal.  Now, the instructions for these says you simply remove it with nail polish remover.  Now I don't know about you, but my go to everyday nail polish remover is not pure acetone.  I tried my usual Nourishing remover (typically the blue one) and didn't even make a dent in the applique as far as removal.  I had to come down to the foil method, which I've done before, not a huge deal but kind of annoying when I expected to remove it with my usual easy swipes of remover.

So, overall...

I'd say for people who like wear manicures for more than a couple days these might be good, they stay really well and apply fairly easily.  Also if you'd don't get obsessed with the "perfect" manicure you'd be fine with these too if they don't exactly fit your nail shape.

However, if you're like me and change your nails fairly often or just need to know that when you look at your nails you have to know they look perfect, I'd look into other nail appliques.

Hope you all enjoyed this review!

Leave me comments and questions below and follow me on social media!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment