Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Zoya Ray and Studs

Who here likes studs in nail art?

I know I do, and I was super excited to finally come up with a manicure to use them in, and I'm even happier that it came out as well as I'd hoped.

Zoya Ray

This is Zoya Ray, a deep emerald green shimmer.  I know this one is a little less like my usual bright summer color manicures, but it's still a gorgeous color.  As per usual with Zoya, the formula is a dream and goes on smoothly and evenly, no brush strokes and no streaks.

But as I mentioned before, when I picked this color I got the idea to finally use the stud wheel I found at Claire's.  This wheel has a lot of shapes in silver and gold and a few gemstones too.  For this manicure I chose the small, silver triangle studs. 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this manicure looks...maybe it's the fact that my nails remind me of Slytherin...or a superhero, but either way I think this is in my top list of manicures.

The studs add a nice edgy touch but are still elegant, and what's better, when you remove the polish with polish remover it doesn't effect the finish of the studs like it would with rhinestones, which is an added bonus.

What do you guys think of this one?  Have you had any fun manicures with studs or other nail art elements?

Leave me comments and questions and follow me on social media!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment