Sunday, August 11, 2013

Ruffian Manicure: Sinful Colors Mesmerize and Sally Hansen Coin Flip

I'm back with my first attempt at a Ruffian Manicure!

Now, some of you have probably heard of this style of manicure under a different name, I know I did, either reverse french or cresent moon manicure or something else, they're all the same.

I ended up finding out the name "Ruffian Manicure" after doing a little browsing on the internet.  From what I understand the name comes from the origin on the design at a fashion show, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, I think the design is really pretty and sophisticated looking so I decided to finally try one for myself.

Sinful Colors Mesmerize and Sally Hansen Coin Flip
For this one I used Sinful Colors Mesmerize, a deep eggplant purple with a blue tone from the new Heart and Soul Collection, and Sally Hansen Coin Flip, a rose-gold foil polish.

To do this technique I started with three coats of coin flip as a base.  Then I went back over with two coats of Mesmerize, making sure to leave just a sliver of Coin Flip showing at the base of my nails.

The two colors together, the jewel tone and the metallic, look so nice together and I like it as an alternative sophisticated style to the french manicure which has never been my favorite.

I definitely think I'll be doing this look again in the future!

What do you guys think?

Leave me comments and questions and follow/like me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr! (Info in the About Me)

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment