Wednesday, December 26, 2012

(Belated) 12 Days of Nail Art: Day #12 - Santa

Hi everyone!

Sorry for being so late in posting my final manicure for Plump & Polished's 12 Days of Nail Art Challenge, but it was the holidays, and it's time with family and traveling and blah blah blah...you get it. 

But that doesn't mean I'm gonna hold out on you guys!

I was determined to finish this challenge and I did it and I want to be sure and document it for posterity haha.

So I'm here now to do just that!

The very last prompt for this challenge was of course...SANTA!!  Always cause for adorable nail art.

Now, my obsession with accent nails gave me that added inspiration I needed to complete this look...(not to mention unlike certain people I know accent nails are the only way to get shinies on my ring finger...so far haha).


I decided to portray not just Santa, but his elves too!  For the jolly old elf himself, I used Wet N Wild I Red A Good Book for the base and completed the details with a combination of white acrylic paint using a dotting tool, and black and silver stripers.  Then for the elf nails I have a base of Sally Hansen Gilty Pleasures and completed the details with green and red acrylic and Orly Prelude To A Kiss for the ears.

Here's a close up:



What do you guys think?

I had so much fun doing this challenge and I thank Plump & Polished for hosting it, as well as all the other participants for support!!

Can't wait to do more nail looks in the New Year!

If you have any ideas, requests, suggestions, questions, or comments you can always leave them, I read every single one!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment