Wednesday, December 5, 2012

12 Days of Nail Art Challenge: Day #3 - Tape Manicure

Hello again!

Time for my Day #3 manicure for the Nail Art Challenge!

Today's prompt is a fun one for anyone who has an interest in nail art...the tape manicure!

There's a lot of ways to fulfill this challenge, all of them gorgeous of course.

Today however, I wanted to try a fun one I'd seen a few times and have been dying to try.  Thanks to Plump & Polished I had a great reason to!

To get this look I started with a base of two coats of Orly Rage, a gorgeous rose-gold foil!  Then once it was dry I cut some thin strips of masking tape and placed them in random patterns on my nails.  Over the top I painted two coats of China Glaze Cowgirl Up, a shimmer wine/berry color, very holiday feeling.  Let the top color dry for a few seconds before pulling the tape up.  MAKE SURE THE BASE IS DRY OR THE TAPE WILL PULL YOUR POLISH UP!!  Then I did two layers of top coat and was done!

Sadly I don't have a close up, because my OCD side doesn't like how tape manicures look close up hahaha.

But I do love looking at this one, it reminds me of presents with ribbons!

Can't wait to see you all for Day #4!

Remember you can leave comments, questions, suggestions, and requests!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment