Friday, December 7, 2012

12 Daysof Nail Art: Day #4 - Inspired by a Holiday Movie

Hey all!

It's Day #4 of the 12 Days of Nail Art Challenge and I have another manicure to share!

Today's prompt was Inspired by a Holiday Movie, and of course inspiration strikes like lightening.

I had a few early ideas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Merry Christmas Charlie Brown, Miracle on 34th Street, Elf, etc.  But then the perfect idea came, as it does, and I knew what I wanted to do!

I'll give you a hint....


Yup!  National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!!

More specifically the Griswold's Christmas Light Spectacular.

It's an iconic moment in Christmas cinema, when Clark Griswold finally manages to light his 250 strands of Christmas lights, adorning the family home.

I'm sure many of you have a "Griswold House" in your neighborhood around this time and know just how fantastic and frightening it is to see that many lights on one house's power cell, haha.

But the idea made for a great manicure!

For this one I used two coats of China Glaze It's A Trap-eze! for a base (chock full of glitter) to give the effect of a TON of lights everywhere.  Then I used a Milani striper and some acrylic paint to paint a strand of Christmas lights across my nails.

Here's you close up:


What do you think?!

I think my nails may be giving the Griswold's a run for their money...

If you like this manicure, or have questions, suggestions, or requests, leave a comment!!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

P.S.  Speaking of Christmas lights, and in honor of this Saturday being the Heisman award, I wanted to share a little tribute someone made to my alma mater's favorite son, and Heisman nominee, Johnny "Football" Manziel!


Thanks and Gig 'em!

1 comment: