Saturday, December 1, 2012

12 Days of Nail Art Challenge: Day #1 - Red and Green Only

Hi everyone!

Today begins Plump & Polished's 12 Days of Nail Art Challenge and Day #1 is the Red and Green Only challenge! 

For this one I wanted to do something kind of fun and cute since sometimes red and green combos can get a bit passe, if you know what I mean.

So I decided to embrace the "Nail Art" part of this monthly challenge and break out my dotting tools!

This is my result:

For these nails I used Icing Love Letters, a nice candy apple red with a bit of gold, silver, and red sparkle to it, and China Glaze Glittering Garland, a holly green with some green/gold glass fleck.  I think the two colors contrast nicely.  To make the dots I used both ends of the large and medium dotting tool I got in a three tool set.  For the big dots and french tip I used the large dotter and filled in a bit with the smaller end.

Here's the close up:

I'm really enjoying this manicure and I just know I'm going to have a TON of fun with this challenge!

If you have any comments, questions, requests, or suggestions feel free to leave a comment!

Also, be sure to check out Plump & Polished's blog too!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I added you to the list. If you PM me on Facebook, I'll send you the HTML for the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, it reminds me of a lava lamp. It's cool. :o)

    ReplyDelete