Thursday, June 13, 2013

LGBT Pride Month Manicure #7: Rainbow Stripes

Here comes manicure #7 for you guys!

Loving all my rainbow nails lately, so I had to play with my acrylic paints and do rainbow nail art again!  I even pulled out my striping tape!

Ready to see it?!

Alrighty, here it is!

LGBT Rainbow Stripes
For these nails I started by putting on my striping tape, after my base coat of course.  For each nail I used five strips of striping tape (which took FOREVER i might add lol).

Then I painted each nail with two coats of OPI Sapphire in the Snow, a deep eggplant purple creme polish. 

While the purple was still wet, I peeled off the striping tape and let the polish dry then. 

Once the purple base was dry I went into the striped with my acrylic paints.  The difference in thickness between my bare nail and the purple made it a bit easier to stay in a straight line with my paintbrush (though as you can see it didn't always stay that way).

I do love how the rainbow stripes pop against that dark purple background!

What do you guys think?

-------------------------------------

Today, instead of sharing a song, I want to share a story, one that breaks my heart.

It's something I think a lot of people don't realize of if they do don't understand the significance of it, so I'd like to pass it along.


Love is love, and whether an individual likes it makes no difference, all consenting adults in loving relationships should be allowed to love how they want without interferance from someone who has no right to say otherwise.

Leave me comments and Like and Follow me!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

P.S.  I'll be out of town for the next week or so so I probably won't be able to post regularly but I will be doing my nails for Pride still and taking pics, so I'll do a catch up post when I get back if I can't do them while I'm gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment