Saturday, June 1, 2013

Last Manicures of May 2013: OPI Ya'll Come Back Ya Hear with Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat Peach Fuzz, Revlon Brilliant Strength Intrigue, & China Glaze Snap My Dragon

As the title says (my way of avoiding calling this a catch up post lol), these are the manicures I wore for the last week of May that I made sure to photograph to share with you all!

Kind of weird to think that May is already over...and I'm still in my parents' house (womp womp).

Oh well, at least I have my polishes and my desperate obsessions with geeky fandoms to console me.

*sobs in the corner*

Alright...I'm back and okay.  ON TO THE NAILS!

OPI Ya'll Come Back Ya Hear & Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat Peach Fuzz
First up I have a fun glitter gradient using one of the new Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat collection polishes, Peach Fuzz.  For this manicure I started with a base of three coats of OPI's Ya'll Come Back Ya Hear, one of the sorbet shades from the Texas Collection which is a nice sheer medium orange jelly.  Over that, I sponged on a gradient of Peach Fuzz, a polish made up of peach and yellow mini matte bar glitters.

The Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat collection is essentially the "drugstore" answer to the Nails Inc. Feathers collection.  I was actually really happy to see these in stores since I was in love with the Feathers polishes but had absolutely no desire to pay at least $10 per bottle.  The colors in this Sally Hansen collection are a lot of fun and the effect of the glitters are really unique, so I can't wait to use the others I have!

Revlon Brilliant Strength Intrigue
 Next I have Revlon Intrigue from the Brilliant Strength line.  This polish is a really pretty periwinkle blue with a little sheen of purple and silver.  I've never tried this line from Revlon before, I've seen a few swatches of other colors online but Brilliant Strength FINALLY made it to my store recently so I thought I'd try this color since it was so pretty.  I have to say the formula on this polish was great, smooth and can be opaque in two coats, though I went with my standard three.  Once it was dry, I was even more surprised that it actually did make my nails feel a bit stronger than using regular typically does, so that was nice, since I never feel like my nails are strong enough.

China Glaze Snap My Dragon
Then finally, for the last week of May I wore China Glaze's Snap My Dragon from the Avant Garden collection.  This polish is a gorgeous bright red with a slight pink tinted shimmer.  It went on smoothly and looked great, no streaks even with the shimmer being slightly frosty.  I do have to say, I'm not used to wearing bright red polishes, most of the time I go for dark, vampy reds if any reds at all, so I often forget how fun these are, especially as it gets closer to summer.  I did have a little problem with some skin staining as I was removing this one, but a little extra cleaning got rid of that no problem, and the staining wasn't on my nails at all.  Just another color I love from the Avant Garden collection!

----------------------------------------

So what do you guys think?  Are you preparing for summer months and manicures?  What do you look forward to wearing on your nails?

Leave me comments and don't forget to Like and Follow me on social media (info in the About me section).

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

3 comments:

  1. Seriously think this is the best use of the "feather" polishes with your Peach Fuzz mani. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I was impressed that it kept the effect even with sponging, I was afraid the glitter would lay too randomly to give the "fuzzy" effect, but it worked out!

      Delete
  2. I love the peachy manicure! I have to get some of those.

    ReplyDelete