Monday, June 3, 2013

LGBT Pride Month Manicure #2: Lush Lacquer Sugar Daddy

I'm back with my second manicure for Pride Month!

I'm getting more and more excited as I'm thinking of ways to incorporate Pride into my nails.  I have so many ideas, I hope I can pull them all off haha.

For today I wanted to have a little more fun with the theme of Pride itself.  It's a not so secret dream of mine to go to a huge Pride Parade and just meet a bunch of people and just have fun dancing and laughing with everyone.  Sadly I still haven't gotten to at this point in my life, but that didn't stop me from bringing the Pride Parade to my nails!

Lush Lacquer Sugar Daddy
For today, I decided to wear Lush Lacquer's Sugar Daddy, a sheer white based polish packed with rainbow hex and bar glitter!  With the base being so sheer, I decided to paint two coats over a two coat base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  And for this one, when I say packed with glitter...I mean PACKED! 

I just had to use this polish for Pride because all it makes me think of is rainbow confetti raining down on the fabulousness of a Pride Parade (or so I assume it looks).  Who doesn't want to be covered with rainbow confetti rain and have a grand old time at a parade?!?!  Exactly, no one.

-----------------------

Now for my moment of being more topical.  After my first post, I decided I wanted to add something to each post that was uplifting and affirming, or just plain supportive.  Today, I wanted to share a speech from a show that I just recently have become OBSESSED with, Queer As Folk (I know I'm super behind.)

I adore this show and how it addresses all the diversity and similarities in the LGBT community as compared to the straight community, making it a point to show that there is no difference, people live their lives how they want whether they're gay or straight.  But of course there are always moments of deep emotion and one of these moments hit me hard simply because it was one of the few times that anyone, let alone a tv show managed to voice my personal beliefs so well, so I thought I'd share here.


I couldn't agree with these words more.  I am the apparent anomaly of a Christian Ally (more common than most might think).  So as such, I want to say that I don't for one moment agree that the God I believe in hates anyone, especially for a reason like their sexuality.  We were created in love and anointed as the children of God, no matter what, completely unconditionally.

Now, I know a lot of people personally who have been persecuted by so called "Christians" simply for being themselves and loving who they wished, and I want to apologize.  No one has the right to judge you, especially for something that isn't wrong. 

So for this Pride Month, I say be proud and if someone decides to tell you you can believe what you believe because of who you are, reply simply that you'll be praying for them and wish them love.

No comments:

Post a Comment