Wednesday, June 5, 2013

LGBT Pride Month Manicure #3: L.A. Girl Quicksand and Tie Dye Nail Foil

It's time for another Pride manicure for you all to see today!

I'm getting more and more excited about this month one because I can finally burn through some of my unused purples (of which there are many) and I get to try things in my nail art arsenal that I've wanted to try and just haven't been inspired to use before now.

Today for example, I was able to use a new polish I found at my local grocery store and some of the nail foils I'd gotten a while back!

L.A. Girl Quicksand and Tie-Dye nail foil
For today's manicure I started with my main color, L.A. Girl Quicksand from the new Sand Blast collection that I just found at my local grocery store.  Apparently the textured trend has started hitting the less expensive drugstore brands, which is fine with me!  This one is a very pretty violet purple (i know it shows more blue on film, but trust me it's a very grape violet purple color).  I used three coats, but I probably could have gotten away with two since it's quite pigmented. 

One thing I really like about these L.A. Girl textured polishes is that the grit of the texture is a lot finer than some of the other brands like OPI or even the Sally Hansen.  Obviously, every brand is trying to have a little bit of unique quality in their textured polishes, and the coarser grit isn't bad by any means, but this one is probably a bit more tolerable for those still a bit wary of the sandy texture.

Then, to tie in the signature rainbow of Pride, I went to my Dollar Nail Art nail foils and pulled out Tie-Dye Surprise, a fun tie-dyed pattern foil with a holographic hex pattern among the colors.  I decided to stick the foil on over a base of white polish (I think the base coat helps it stick better) and I was even more excited when my top coat didn't ruin the tie-dye pattern!

I'm really loving this manicure!

---------------------------

Today I just have a happy note to make, a story that made me smile this week.

I'm sure some of you have seen the article about the gay couple who were awarded Cutest Couple in their New York high school, but just in case I thought I'd share.


http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/04/us/new-york-same-sex-couple-yearbook/index.html

I just loved seeing this story for so many reasons, but the biggest one being that this simple story, of a high school overcoming hate and acknowledging the value of love no matter who it's between gives me hope that the younger generations are already overcoming some of the prejudices we're still fighting now.

Let me know what you guys think about today's manicure and well anything else really!

Also, don't forget to Like and Follow me!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment