Saturday, May 18, 2013

L'Oreal Bubble Trouble & China Glaze Galactic Grey

I'm back with some more manicures to show you all (I swear I didn't fall off the face of the earth, still learning my necessary time management skills, sorry).

Both of the polishes in today's post are from newer collections for Spring 2013.

So let's jump in because I know you guys want to see some of the new polishes out there!

L'Oreal Bubble Trouble

First up I have L'Oreal's Bubble Trouble, another polish from the new Limited Edition Miss Candy Gellie polish collection.  This polish is an adorable bubble gum pink creme-jelly that's nicely sheer, but not a completely transparent jelly.

The picture here shows four coats with NO TOP COAT!  That's one thing I love about jelly polishes is the natural shiny finish.  You can still wear top coat obviously, but I ran out of time and it looked fine anyway (as long as you ignore the sheet marks lol).

If you couldn't tell, I'm OBSESSED with jelly polishes haha.

China Glaze Galactic Grey
The next color I have is Galactic Grey from China Glaze's new Hologlam Collection.  This polish is a dark pewter grey holographic metallic. 

The new Hologlam Collection was, from what I can tell, China Glaze's response to the demand for another collection like their original Kalaidescope, Tronica, and holographic collections.  There was A LOT of hype for this collection, and not that it wasn't exciting, but I think the collection ended up being unlike what many expected.  I think for most people, the holographic effect of these polishes wasn't as bold as they might have wanted, not that it isn't still a pretty effect.  But with the new Color Club Halo Hues collections being SO holographic, I think people were looking for a similar effect with China Glaze application.

Now, that being said, the polishes I have from this collection are very pretty and have great payoff and application (though like most holos the first layer can pick up a little bit).  But from what i've heard the staying power has left a little to be desired for some.  I haven't had any issues since yesterday when I put the polish on, but that may be my top coat working.  But there have been some complaints about peeling and flaking polish for some of these, just to keep you informed.

-------------------------

What do you think of these two?  What other polish collections have caught your eye lately?

Leave me a comment and don't forget to Like and Follow me!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment