Saturday, May 25, 2013

So much catching up to do!

Sorry sorry all!

I know my hiatus has been even longer than usual, the last week was INSANE with stuff happening.

But I am still here, alive and well, and have been taking pics even though I haven't been posting.

So yay for that!  Let's get started!

Kleancolor Metallic Yellow
First up is Metallic Yellow from the Kleancolor Metallics collection.  This polish, being a "metallic yellow" is clearly more of a gold, but a very rich buttery gold.  This Kleancolor collection, from what I'm told is GREAT for stamping, so I'll have to try it.  The colors are bright and super pigmented and most go on completely opaque in one coat.  They can be a bit tough to remove when done as a full manicure, but I'm sure stamping won't be that bad.

OPI Glints of Glinda and Sinful Colors Social Ladder
Next I have OPI Glints of Glinda from the Oz the Great and Powerful Soft Shades collection.  This polish is a soft tan nude sheer polish that looks lovely if you want that sheer, natural nail look but just have to have polish on.  I can imagine it might look a little odd on people with extremely fair complexions, but I'd give it some trial and error before disregarding it completely.  Over Glints of Glinda I thought I'd try a nice subtle sponge ombre with Sinful Colors Social Ladder, a sheer nude shimmer.  Now when I say subtle, I mean subtle, but the two together made a very elegant look that would probably be great for weddings or special occasions.

Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Sour Apple
Then I have another new polish to show off, this one from Sally Hansen's most recent collection, Sugar Coat.  This is Sally Hansen's answer to the recent textured finish trend, following the OPI Liquid Sands and Zoya Pixie Dusts as well as the other textured lines that are coming out.  This polish is called Sour Apple and is a gorgeous minty green color.  The texture on this one is nice, not overly gritty and a nice change from the more common sparkly textured finishes.  This one went on perfectly in two coats and has a really nice bright color pay-off as do the others I have from the collection.

a England Ophelia
Last but not least, I have Ophelia from a England, a black base polish with a beautiful violet shimmer in it.  Sadly, in the picture it is nearly impossible to see (my lighting sucks) but in sunlight that shimmer glows and gives this polish a lot of depth and light.  The formula on this one was AMAZING, I got it opaque in two coats and may have even been able to do just one if I'd painted thicker coats.  It's a great polish and a brand worth looking into if you haven't already.

---------------------

So yea, these are the polishes I've worn for the last week!  Sorry again for being so late about posting all of them.  I really am trying to keep up haha, but it might still take a little while, so my apologies!

If you have anything you'd like to see, leave me a comment and don't forget to Like and Follow all my social media!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment