Sunday, December 30, 2012

NOTD...and I guess technically New Years Nails!

Hello again!

I'm back with another manicure for you all to see!

I'm trying to burn through my untried stash...which is disgracefully large, but everything is so pretty and I must have them all!!

Ahem....sorry, went into a an addict place.

Where was I?

Oh right!  Today's manicure!

I wanted to try all three polishes I used in this manicure for some time, and realized they all went really well together, so I'd be able to kill three birds with one stone so to speak.

In the process, I realized it would actually be a really fun New Years manicure...if I was doing anything for New Years haha.

Let me show you!

For this one I used OPI Live and Let Die as the main color.  It's a gorgeous color, kind of a smokey dark grey-teal with some gold-green glass fleck shimmer.  Sadly, with it being overcast and gross outside I had to take the picture under artificial light so the sparkle in this color didn't come through much, but you can see it on my pointer and pinkie.

Live and Let Die is a very pigmented color, completely opaque in two coats, but if you have an even hand you may even be able to pull off one.  Based on my Ulta's stock, this seems the least desired color in the 007 Collection, but it's one of my favorites!

Then for the accent nail, I wanted to play off the gold in my other nails, so I used a base of two coats of Milani 3D, a gold holographic, and then over that two coats of Orly Sashay My Way, a holographic gold glitter made up of hexes and bars.  Both polishes, I love.  The Milani is one of the 3D Hologrphics line, I managed to find them at CVS for about $1.50 on clearance, and that sale continues until they're out of stock, if you want to check out your local CVS.  The Orly is part of the recent Flash Glam FX Glitters, some of the most gorgeous glitters I've seen.  They can get a bit gloppy and take a while to dry, but the payoff is incredible!

What do you guys think of this look?

Leave comments, questions, requests (if you see something on my stash list tab above you'd like to see), and suggestions below!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment